How-to Automatically Redirect Medium Articles
If you don't want to manually change the URL every time, you can use an extension to do it for you. The LibRedirect extention works well across most browsers, and will also redirect to other alternative services.
What about Medium articles on custom domains?
Scribe can read these also. The URL just needs to end with the characters at the end of the URL called the Post ID. Here's an example:
09a6af907a2 can be converted to
The instructions above may redirect custom domains automatically. To
manually redirect a specific custom domain to Scribe, add another
redirect and replace
medium\.com with the domain of your choosing.
Why Would I Want to Use This?
There are a number of potential reasons:
- You believe in an open web
- You believe more in the author than the platform
- You don't like the reading experience that Medium provides
- You object to Medium's extortionist business tactics
- You're concerned about how Medium uses your data
- Other reasons
Can I use Scribe on a different website? (instances)
You can! See this list in the documentation.